I'm as lucky as can be, the worlds greatest dad belongs to me!
Celebrate father's day with a storytelling. Popular Short Story for Children is:The Adventures of Pinocchio. Geppetto loves Pinocchio, and he gives his own breakfast and ABC book to him.
- For physical development book helps to develop gross-, and fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination (e.g.: pointing at the picture).
- For intellectual development book helps to learn about the word as it gives new information. Books promote thinking, memorising and fantasy. Books play a very important role in intellectual development. Books help in imagination, concentration, gives new knowledge or with repetition children can easily memorise words, which will help them in their further studying.
- Language development is mainly based on books. And this concerns to both spoken and the written language. Through storytelling children learn sounds, rhythms that occur in language, signs and symbols, but most importantly children learn to listen carefully.
- In relation to emotional development as these stories are enjoyable children will have their favourite characters, and they can feel empathy with the characters. During story time children will laugh, scream, shout etc. as they interact with the story teller, they show the characters’ feelings with enthusiasm. Books provide a reach imaginative world and it gives a great pleasure to the child. Story telling is often a rest time before sleep.
- Story telling is often happens in small groups, where children can improve their social development. They interact with the group, learn turn taking, sharing and plenty things about the society, and moral codes. Also children learn respect for books."